The big day is fast approaching and you feel as though all the t’s have been crossed and all the i’s have been dotted, BUT, have you?
No matter how well everything has been planned from your Wedding Planner, Caterer, Venue and all others connected in pulling off the most memorable event of your lifetime, you as a couple still may have overlooked what could be a very crucial part of your “special day”.
Have you ever wondered what you might need to stay fresh, handle wedding dress disasters, beauty touch ups, suit maintenance (yes guys, it can happen to you too), staying hydrated, maintaining full energy and dealing with last minute allergies? Well don’t worry, here are a few ideas to eliminate those worries!
Before we touch on all the suggested items, here is a valuable thought about important contact details which you should provide to your Day of Coordinator:
- Create a list of wedding vendors names & contact numbers both landline and mobile
- Create a printed list of mobile numbers for wedding party and family members on both sides
ITEMS TO PACK IN YOUR “SAVE THE DAY Kit”
What if there is a Wedding Dress problem?
- Hem tape
- Small folding scissors
- Safety Pins
- White chalk (To hide smudges on dress)
- Spot remover
- Mini sewing kit (dark & light thread, needles)
- Clear tape
What if there is a problem with a suit?
- Lint roller for suits
- Extra corsage pins
- Shoe polish kit in correct color for groom & groomsmen
- Black chalk or chosen colors (To hide smudges on suit)
- Extra buttons for coat (only if possible to match)
Good to remember a Minor Medical Kit:
- Pain reliever pills just in case of any minor aches or pains.
- Mild medication to treat allergies, nausea, diarrhea or even a hangover!
- Natural sedatives and smelling salts to calm those nerves, ease headaches, congestion or dizzy spells.
- Band-Aids for any scrapes or to protect sore feet.
You can’t forget the Hair, now can you?
- Travel sized hair spray / gel for groom
- Hair pins
- Hair bands
Stay Hydrated & Maintain High Energy:
- Bottled water and straws to use once lipstick has been applied
- Something healthy & light to snack on & keep energy up such as dried fruit, nuts, etc.
- Mobile phone charger
- Charged mobile phone or camera for getting ready group selfies
Of course you will need Make Up, Nails & Accessories:
- Lip balm and gloss
- Emery board
- Clear nail polish (for pantyhose runs)
- A back-up bottle of colored nail polish
- Extra earring backs
- Spare pantyhose
- Lipstick in brides color
- Lipstick in bridesmaid’s colors
- Blotting powder
What about a Stay Fresh Kit?
- Dental floss/toothpicks
- Eye drops
- Mints / Breath Spray / Mouthwash
- Toothbrush and paste
- Q tips
- Perfume / cologne
- Hand towelettes
- Razor for groom
- Insect repellent (if outdoors)
- Nail clippers
- Any other personal items
This may sound like a lot of items but believe me, if you need it, you will be glad you were prepared. Besides, so many of the items will translate as companions on your Honeymoon Trip or other future travels. Now you can relax and enjoy your “Special Day”.